1) Your Taxes will definitely be higher. Based on the feasibility study, that we are now supposed to ignore, the average homeowner in Peachtree Corners will pay several hundred dollars in additional taxes and fees for goods and services we already pay for and receive from the county.
2) Your Trash Hauler's rate from the city likely wont be any less than you are paying now, since the YES side anounced they have no idea if they can get it cheaper or not.
3) No one can Annex your property unless you have 2 agreeing parties. This is Georgia Law. If Norcross wanted to annex Peachtree Corners, they would have done it back in the 80'-90's when this area's technology boom was happening.
4) Code enforcement will be outsourced to a company that compensates their employees on a commission basis. If modeled after the other surrounding cities, it will be a primary source of revenue for the new city, and a nightmare to all residents. Ask some friends in John's Creek and Berkeley Lake.
5) Property values will still be based on economic conditions. Until the economy improves we will not see a change.
6) No one on the Peachtree Corners Ballot Committee stands to gain anything financial, The other side cannot say that. The proposed salaries have already gone up and we haven't even gone to the polls yet. What will happen if they are elected?
7) The Charter allows the new city to impose additional taxes, assesments, and other fees, without going to a vote to the taxpayers. It's all in the Charter and feasibility study (that they want you to ignore).
8) Our community leaders definition of "self determination" is for their own self, not yours. As Thomas Jefferson warned, "It is the nature of government to grow." Before the election, they talk of "self determination" after the election it will be "selfish determination".
9) Voting "NO" is not only an option, it's a right. It's your choice, it's your right. Exercise your right.
Posted By: Louie